Sunday, August 17, 2008

Souvenir Shopping

After Ski Dubai we decided to try souvenir shopping one more time. There is a place called the Souk Madinat Jumeirah. On the way there it got really windy and was pretty much a sand storm. How crazy is snowboarding and being in a sand storm all in one day! Madinat Jumeirah is where we went to dinner when Daniel was in town. It's an indoor area that has kiosks, stores, restaurants, and bars. It is modeled after the old fashioned souks- like the one we went to on Friday, but it's air conditioned, much nicer quality, and the people don't harass you! I definitely prefer this one to the outside one.

We walked around for a few hours and bought a bunch of stuff. We had to stop at one point and get some ice cream of course. I was able to find an authentic outfit for myself as well as many other small souvenirs. Derek and I will get dressed up and take pictures so everyone can see our awesome outfits. I'll also get back to you on what their official names are. It turned out to be a great stop for us. We got almost everything we wanted to bring back, but it's a surprise so you can't know what we got yet! We each left with 2 or 3 bags- hopefully we can get it all home in one piece!! I don't know how much room I have in my suitcases tho!

At the end of the trip we saw a henna tattoo place and decided to get one (like the ones we got on the desert safari). They turned out really cool- I got flowers on my ankle and Derek got a cool Islamic symbol on his back. After a long day of skiing and shopping we decided to call it a night and head home to relax and watch the Olympics.

No comments: