Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday

On Saturday we figured the best way to see the city was to head to the mall! After getting lost and actually seeing the city we finally ended up at the mall.  We spent most of the afternoon exploring the mall and picking up some things here or there. At the mall we ate lunch at Fuddruckers. We were starving at the time but the food was delicious! Sometime before dinner we headed back to Dubai and decided to go see the new Batman movie. 

For dinner we decided on the Hard Rock CafĂ©. The food was delicious and atmosphere was awesome. In the middle of dinner they played the cotton eyed joe! Derek wouldn’t get up and dance with me, but I did take a video of the waiters doing a line dance.  We made sure to do the obnoxious tourist thing and take lots of pictures. After dinner we went to another mall to see Batman. It was a great movie. Totally scarier than I was expecting but definitely good! I would recommend it. After the movie we uploaded all the pictures and made sure Daniel had all his stuff packed. Daniel left Sunday morning and Derek and I headed into work. Overall it was a great weekend. It was so nice to see someone I knew and for Derek and I to have the company of someone beside ourselves.

No comments: